For Week Ending December 18, 2021 (Data current as of December 27, 2021)
Single-family rents increased 10.9% year-over-year as of last measure, the fastest year-over-year increase in more than 16 years, and more than 3 times the rate of increase a year earlier, according to the CoreLogic Single-Family Rent Index (SFRI). Vacancy rates are at a 25-year low, as demand for rental units has surged this year due to skyrocketing sales prices and low inventory in the residential housing sector, leading some aspiring buyers to rent while waiting for the market to moderate.
In the Charlotte region, for the week ending December 18:
- New Listings increased 2.1% to 819
- Pending Sales increased 10.3% to 975
- Inventory decreased 36.1% to 3,628
For the month of November:
- Median Sales Price increased 21.6% to $352,500
- List to Close decreased 3.8% to 75
- Percent of Original List Price Received increased 1.3% to 100.2%
- Months Supply of Homes for Sale decreased 38.5% to 0.8
Most Prevalent Mortgage Rates for Top Tier Buyers:
- 30 Year Fixed – 3.125% – 3.375%
- 15 Year Fixed – 2.375% – 2.875%
- FHA/VA/USDA – 2.875% – 3.125%
You’ve worked hard for what you’ve earned, and you’re right to want the best experience. With ROI-based updates, highly targeted pre-listing marketing, and a systematized approach, you can rest easy knowing you are in good hands.
If you are thinking about selling your home in the next 6 months, call me today for your strategic marketing consultation. 708.995.7444
Local Data and content were obtained from CanopyMLS and Current as of December 27, 2021. Data is refreshed regularly to capture changes in the market activity. The Charlotte Region Report includes Alexander, Anson, Cabarrus, Catawba, Cleveland, Gaston, Iredell, Lincoln, Mecklenburg, Rowan, Stanley, and Union Counties in North Carolina and Chester, Chesterfield, Lancaster, and York Counties in South Carolina.