For Week Ending December 4, 2021 (Data current as of December 13, 2021)
The latest REALTORS® Confidence Index Survey found that, nationally, sellers of homes that closed in October saw 3.7 offers on average, which was up from 3.4 offers on average a year ago. The survey also found the typical buyer had made two unsuccessful offers before securing their new home, and that first-time buyer accounted for 29% of existing-home buyers, down from 32% a year ago. Cash purchases rose to 24% of sales from 19% one year ago, and non-primary residence buyers (investors and second-home buyers) rose to 17% from 14% in 2020.
In the Charlotte region, for the week ending December 4:
- New Listings increased 6.7% to 1,022
- Pending Sales increased 5.9% to 954
- Inventory decreased 33.7% to 3,885
For the month of November:
- Median Sales Price increased 21.5% to $352,350
- List to Close decreased 5.1% to 74
- Percent of Original List Price Received increased 1.3% to 100.2%
- Months Supply of Homes for Sale decreased 38.5% to 0.8
Most Prevalent Mortgage Rates for Top Tier Buyers:
- 30 Year Fixed – 3.125% – 3.375%
- 15 Year Fixed – 2.500% – 2.875%
- FHA/VA/USDA – 3.000% – 3.250%
You’ve worked hard for what you’ve earned, and you’re right to want the best experience. With ROI-based updates, highly targeted pre-listing marketing, and a systematized approach, you can rest easy knowing you are in good hands.
If you are thinking about selling your home in the next 6 months, call me today for your strategic marketing consultation. 708.995.7444
Local Data and content were obtained from CanopyMLS and Current as of December 13, 2021. Data is refreshed regularly to capture changes in the market activity. The Charlotte Region Report includes Alexander, Anson, Cabarrus, Catawba, Cleveland, Gaston, Iredell, Lincoln, Mecklenburg, Rowan, Stanley, and Union Counties in North Carolina and Chester, Chesterfield, Lancaster, and York Counties in South Carolina.