For Week Ending January 22, 2022 (Data current as of January 31, 2022)
With a shortage of options and bidding wars reaching an all-time high last year, an increasing number of buyers waived financing, appraisal, and inspection contingencies in hopes of making their offers more attractive to sellers. That number has been trending downward in recent months, according to the National Association of REALTORS® December 2021 REALTORS® Confidence Index Survey, which reports that while 79% of buyers waived a contract contingency in June 2021, only 60% of buyers did so in December.
In the Charlotte region, for the week ending January 22:
- New Listings decreased 14.3% to 815
- Pending Sales decreased 16.1% to 986
- Inventory decreased 39.7% to 2,928
For the month of December:
- Median Sales Price increased 20.0% to $349,945
- List to Close decreased 10.7% to 75
- Percent of Original List Price Received increased 1.3% to 100.2%
- Months Supply of Homes for Sale decreased 36.4% to 0.7
Most Prevalent Mortgage Rates for Top Tier Buyers:
- 30 Year Fixed – 3.500% – 3.750%
- 15 Year Fixed – 2.990% – 3.250%
- FHA/VA/USDA – 3.500% – 3.750%
You’ve worked hard for what you’ve earned, and you’re right to want the best experience. With ROI-based updates, highly targeted pre-listing marketing, and a systematized approach, you can rest easy knowing you are in good hands.
If you are thinking about selling your home in the next 6 months, call me today for your strategic marketing consultation. 708.995.7444
Local Data and content were obtained from CanopyMLS and Current as of January 31, 2022. Data is refreshed regularly to capture changes in the market activity. The Charlotte Region Report includes Alexander, Anson, Cabarrus, Catawba, Cleveland, Gaston, Iredell, Lincoln, Mecklenburg, Rowan, Stanley, and Union Counties in North Carolina and Chester, Chesterfield, Lancaster, and York Counties in South Carolina.