For Week Ending March 19, 2022 (Data current as of March 28, 2022)
Rising sales prices and a surge in mortgage rates haven’t been enough to cool demand and ease competition heading into the spring market. Agents are reporting homes are selling at lightning speed and often with multiple offers. According to the National Association of REALTORS®, 84% listings were on the market less than 30 days last month, with an average of 5 offers on each home sold, and 48% of offers above list price nationwide.
In the Charlotte region, for the week ending March 19:
- New Listings decreased 6.5% to 1,156
- Pending Sales decreased 3.5% to 1,139
- Inventory decreased 39.4% to 2,509
For the month of February:
- Median Sales Price increased 22% to $360,000
- List to Close decreased 11.2% to 79
- Percent of Original List Price Received increased 1.4% to 100.7%
- Months Supply of Homes for Sale decreased 44.4% to 0.5
Most Prevalent Mortgage Rates for Top Tier Buyers:
- 30 Year Fixed – 4.750% – 5.000%
- 15 Year Fixed – 4.125% – 4.500%
- FHA/VA/USDA – 4.500% – 5.000%
You’ve worked hard for what you’ve earned, and you’re right to want the best experience. With ROI-based updates, highly targeted pre-listing marketing, and a systematized approach, you can rest easy knowing you are in good hands.
If you are thinking about selling your home in the next 6 months, call me today for your strategic marketing consultation. 708.995.7444
Local Data and content were obtained from CanopyMLS and Current as of March 28, 2022. Data is refreshed regularly to capture changes in the market activity. The Charlotte Region Report includes Alexander, Anson, Cabarrus, Catawba, Cleveland, Gaston, Iredell, Lincoln, Mecklenburg, Rowan, Stanley, and Union Counties in North Carolina and Chester, Chesterfield, Lancaster, and York Counties in South Carolina.