Fair Housing and Equal Opportunity
We do business in accordance with the Federal Fair Housing Law and welcome Persons of all Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Handicap, Familial Status, or National Origin.
We do not charge an upfront application fee since we only hold open houses and do not do private showings without initial verification. In order to be fair to all who are interested in the property, the following outline is how the application process is handled.
• All applications are due 24 hours after the open house.
• If there are multiple applications the landlord will start the process with the applicant who has the earliest move-in date.
• The landlord will start reviewing applications the first business day after the due date/time of applications.
If you are interested please make sure your application is submitted in a timely manner.
The landlord will confirm employment and references. After all checks are confirmed a link from TransUnion Smart Move will be sent to email address(s) on the application, at that time the applicant(s) pay TransUnion directly for background and credit reports. TransUnion will suggest Approval or Deny. Once approved, you must complete and sign the lease agreement, deliver the required deposit and agreed on amount of rent due within 48 hours.
The application process was created in an effort to save tenants upfront application fees and to protect their social security and private information.
Private Showings can be scheduled upon verification of initial application and TransUnion verification.
Every person being submitted in order to qualify for the lease must apply as an applicant and pay an application fee per applicant via TransUnion SmartMove. All household members above the age of 18, but not needed to qualify for the lease, must also apply as an additional household member. Landlord will send invites to applicant(s) for tenant screening reports through TransUnion SmartMove. To learn more about how SmartMove Works visit their website: https://www.mysmartmove.com/
Social Security or Tax-ID Number
• Upon acceptable application, verification and approval from TransUnion Each adult applicant must provide evidence of a valid Social Security or Tax ID Number and matching photo ID.
Employment and Income
• Applicants must have a combined verifiable monthly income from a local employer equal to or greater than three times the monthly rental rate.
• Any non-employment and/or passive income must be guaranteed for the term of the lease by the government agency or payer.
• Applicants must have a history of satisfactory rent payments and occupancy with all previous landlords.
• Applicants must have given sufficient notice-to-vacate at their last address.
• Judgments and evictions from any previous landlord are considered bad credit.
• All applicants require good credit to be approved.
• Credit scores above 650 are considered good credit and one month deposit.
• Scores between 500-650 are considered questionable credit, depending on the rental amount. All scores below 500 are considered bad credit. Questionable and bad credit scores are not automatically approved, but may still be considered depending on the applicant’s overall file and lease negotiations and may require an additional deposit.
• Applicants may be denied for any felonies of illegal manufacture or distribution of a controlled substance within the last 7 years, felonies resulting in bodily harm or intentional damage or destruction of property, for example, “arson”, within the last 7 Years.
• Applicants may also be denied for any sexually related offenses for any time period.
The rental listing will specify on each property if pets are permitted. If pets are permitted, there will be a $250 non-refundable pet fee per pet and an additional $20 per month per pet added to the lease rate. If you have a dog, you must make sure your renter’s insurance policy ensures coverage for that breed of dog. Additionally, if the landlord’s homeowner’s insurance policy does not presently insure for that breed of dog, you may have additional expenses to cover the Landlord’s increased insurance premium. We may also require pet screening. We can’t answer specific questions about your breed at a given property until you first apply.
GW Estates and Homes is not the landlord. GW Estates and Homes markets for the Landlord/Owner and gathers applications for the property and is a fee for service hired company in relation to rental properties. GW Estates and Homes does not collect rents or deposits and as a tenant, you will deal directly with the Landlord or Owner.