Cash buyers continue to make up a significant portion of the U.S. housing market, with nearly one-third of home sales this year being all-cash purchases. Although investors make up a considerable number of cash sales transactions, the increasing availability of remote work during the pandemic has allowed some homeowners to sell their homes in pricey markets and relocate to less-expensive locales, where they’re able to pay cash for a new home, giving them an edge in a highly competitive market.
In the Charlotte Region, for the week ending July 26th:
• New Listings increased 4.1.0% to 1,405
• Pending Sales increased 0.6% to 1,329
• Inventory decreased 45.6% to 3,824
*NOTE: COVID-19 Lockdowns started in March time frame, resulting in people not being able to put homes on the market or removed them from the market.
For the month of June:
• Median Sales Price increased 18.4% to $335,000
• List to close decreased 25.6% to 67
• Percent of Original List Price Received increased 4.6% to 102.1%
• Months Supply of Homes for Sale decreased 50.0% to 0.8 months
MOST PREVALENT MORTGAGE RATES FOR TOP TIER BUYERS
• 30 Year Fixed – 2.81% – 3.062%
• 15 Year Fixed – 2.250% – 2.625%
• FHA/VA/USDA – 2.500% – 2.875%
You’ve worked hard for what you’ve earned, and you’re right to want the best experience. With ROI-based updates, highly targeted pre-listing marketing, and a systematized approach, you can rest easy knowing you are in good hands.
If you are thinking about selling your home in the next 6 months, call me today for your strategic marketing consultation. 708.995.7444
Local Data and content was obtained from CanopyMLS and Current as of July 17, 2021. Data is refreshed regularly to capture changes in the market activity. The Charlotte Region Report includes Alexander, Anson, Cabarrus, Catawba, Cleveland, Gaston, Iredell, Lincoln, Mecklenburg, Rowan, Stanley, and Union Counties in North Carolina and Chester, Chesterfield, Lancaster, and York Counties in South Carolina.